- 1 Why say Houston we have a problem?
- 2 What was the response to Houston we have a problem?
- 3 Who said the famous line Houston we have a problem?
- 4 Who says Houston we have a problem in Apollo 13?
- 5 What is Houston famous for?
- 6 Why does NASA use Houston?
- 7 Did Apollo 13 survive?
- 8 What went wrong with Apollo 13?
- 9 Did Apollo 13 make it back to Earth?
- 10 What is the most famous quote from a movie?
- 11 What are the top 10 movie quotes?
- 12 Has anyone been lost in space?
- 13 What is the most famous line from the movie Apollo 13?
- 14 Who was killed in the Apollo 1 fire?
Why say Houston we have a problem?
“Houston, we have a problem” is a popular but erroneous quotation from the radio communications between the Apollo 13 astronaut Jack Swigert and the NASA Mission Control Center (“Houston”) during the Apollo 13 spaceflight in 1970, as the astronauts communicated their discovery of the explosion that crippled their
What was the response to Houston we have a problem?
Jack Swigert did, and he said, “Houston, we’ve had a problem.” Ground Control responded, “ Say again, please.” Lovell then repeated, “Houston, we’ve had a problem.” Filmmakers intentionally changed the line because the original quote made it seem as though the problem had already passed.
Who said the famous line Houston we have a problem?
While Lovell’s transmission became part of NASA history, it was command module pilot John “Jack” Swigert who actually called Houston first about the problem. Here’s the official NASA transcript on the incident. NASA Transcript: Swigert: “Okay, Houston, we’ve had a problem here.”
Who says Houston we have a problem in Apollo 13?
In fact, if you listen back ton the actual Nasa recordings of the radio chatter between Apollo 13 and mission control in Houston, it’s actually command module pilot Jack Swigert (portrayed on film by Kevin Bacon) who utters the fateful words. Except he didn’t. What he actually said was: “Houston, we’ve had a problem.”
What is Houston famous for?
Houston is known as the world capital of space exploration, the world capital of air conditioning, the world capital of the international energy industry, the world capital of petroleum exploration and the world capital of capital punishment.
Why does NASA use Houston?
Houston was initially included by virtue of the San Jacinto Ordnance Depot, since military rather than commercial facilities were judged best for helping handle NASA’s large retinue of jets and specialized equipment, and because of its recognized, prominent universities, including Rice, Texas, and Texas A&M.
Did Apollo 13 survive?
The oxygen was not just for the astronauts to breathe, but also fed the fuel cells that powered the spacecraft. The command module was dying, quickly. But the lunar lander, docked to the command module, was intact. Eighty-seven hours after the explosion, the Apollo 13 astronauts safely splashed in the Pacific Ocean.
What went wrong with Apollo 13?
The Apollo 13 malfunction was caused by an explosion and rupture of oxygen tank no. 2 in the service module. The explosion ruptured a line or damaged a valve in the no. All oxygen stores were lost within about 3 hours, along with loss of water, electrical power, and use of the propulsion system.
Did Apollo 13 make it back to Earth?
With the world anxiously watching, Apollo 13, a U.S. lunar spacecraft that suffered a severe malfunction on its journey to the moon, safely returns to Earth. On April 11, the third manned lunar landing mission was launched from Florida, carrying astronauts James A.
What is the most famous quote from a movie?
Famous Movie Quotes
- “ May the Force be with you.” – Star Wars, 1977.
- “ There’s no place like home.” – The Wizard of Oz, 1939.
- “ I’m the king of the world!” –
- “ Carpe diem.
- “ Elementary, my dear Watson.” –
- “ It’s alive!
- “ My mama always said life was like a box of chocolates.
- “ I’ll be back.” –
What are the top 10 movie quotes?
AFI’s 100 YEARS100 MOVIE QUOTES
- “Frankly, my dear, I don’t give a damn.” Gone with the Wind (1939)
- “I’m gonna make him an offer he can’t refuse.” The Godfather (1972)
- “You don’t understand! I coulda had class.
- “Toto, I’ve a feeling we’re not in Kansas anymore.” The Wizard of Oz (1939)
- “Here’s looking at you, kid.”
Has anyone been lost in space?
A total of 18 people have lost their lives either while in space or in preparation for a space mission, in four separate incidents. All seven crew members died, including Christa McAuliffe, a teacher from New Hampshire selected on a special NASA programme to bring civilians into space.
What is the most famous line from the movie Apollo 13?
Their moon-bound spacecraft wrecked by an oxygen tank explosion on April 13, 1970, the astronauts urgently radioed, “ Houston, we’ve had a problem here. ” Screenwriters for the 1995 film ‘Apollo 13’ wanted to punch that up. Thus was born, “Houston, we have a problem.”
Who was killed in the Apollo 1 fire?
It was 6:31 p.m. on Jan. 27, 1967, when a fire started in Apollo 1 killing Grissom, 40, one of the seven original Mercury astronauts; White, 36, the first American to walk in space; and Chaffee, 31, a rookie awaiting his first flight in space.